The theater was created in 1920 in Odessa by a group of young actors led by Director Vladimir Konstantinovich Tatishchev. For eleven years, the" Red torch " was mobile, and in 1932 it was stationized in Novosibirsk.
This is the first theater that appeared in the city. He played a significant role in the cultural appearance of the capital of Siberia, set a high aesthetic level for the formation of other art centers. The fates of outstanding theatrical figures of the country: people's artist of Russia Vera Redlich, people's artist of the USSR Yevgeny Matveev, people's artist of Russia Vladlen Biryukov, honored artists of Russia Anatoly Solonitsyn, Andrei Boltnev, Anatoly Losev are connected with the" Red torch " — and that's not all.